Endangered Bodies Ireland is the Irish branch of an international organisation that works to challenge the industries that promote body hatred and turn us against our own bodies. The different branches of Endangered Bodies, based in cities all over the world, have taken action against these industries in a variety of ways and on a number of levels – from small, personal actions like supporting brands that promote body positive messages, to higher level activism like holding demonstrations, working with industry stakeholders and getting involved in political lobbying.
So far Endangered Bodies Ireland has -
- Held film nights and discussion groups to give people a space to talk about body image and related issues.
- Joined the online community of body image activism through our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Spread body positive messages through our ‘Love Your Body’ sticker campaign.
- Petitioned the makers of ‘Operation Transformation’ to move the emphasis of the programme away from weight loss.
- Celebrated International No Diet Day by handing out treats and information in busy spots around Dublin.
See our Timeline for more details of our activities to date!